A call-only campaign is a type of advertising campaign offered by Google Ads. This campaign type is designed specifically for businesses that prioritize phone calls over website visits as their primary objective.
In a call-only campaign, advertisers can create ads that appear exclusively on mobile devices with the option for users to call the business directly from the ad. This means that when a user clicks on the ad, their device automatically opens a call to the business, rather than taking them to the business’s website.
Why use a Call-Only Campaign?
Call-only campaigns are ideal for businesses that want to generate phone calls rather than website traffic. This is particularly true for businesses with a physical location, such as a retail store or a restaurant, that rely on foot traffic and phone calls to drive sales.
With a call-only campaign, businesses can:
- Reach potential customers at the moment they are searching for products or services on their mobile devices.
- Make it easy for potential customers to call the business directly, increasing the likelihood of a conversion.
- Measure the success of the campaign by tracking phone call metrics, such as call duration and call quality.
Do Google Call-Only Ads Work?
Yes, call-only ads can be very effective at generating phone calls for your business. With a call-only campaign, you can reach potential customers at the exact moment they’re searching for your products or services on their mobile devices. By making it easy for them to call your business directly from the ad, you’re increasing the likelihood of a conversion.
Advantages of Call-Only Ads
There are several advantages to using call-only ads:
- You can generate phone calls directly from the ad, without requiring the user to visit your website.
- You can reach potential customers who prefer to call rather than visit a website.
- You can track and measure the success of your campaign by analyzing call metrics, such as call duration and call quality.
- You can increase the likelihood of a conversion by making it easy for users to call your business directly from the ad.
What is the Difference Between Call-Only Ads and Call Extensions?
Call-only ads and call extensions are both designed to generate phone calls for your business. However, there are some key differences between the two:
- Call-only ads are specifically designed to generate phone calls, while call extensions are an extension of a traditional search ad that includes a phone number.
- Call-only ads only appear on mobile devices, while call extensions can appear on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Call-only ads include a prominent “Call Now” button, while call extensions require the user to click on the ad and then find the phone number.
Do You Need a Website for Google Call Ads?
No, you don’t need a website to run a call-only campaign on Google Ads. Call-only ads are designed to generate phone calls directly from the ad, so you don’t need a website to funnel users to.
Setting up a call-only campaign is straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Create a new campaign in Google Ads
- Select “Search” as the campaign type
- Choose “Call-Only” as the campaign subtype
- Set up your targeting options, such as location and keywords
- Write your ad copy, keeping in mind that the ad will only appear on mobile devices
- Set your bid and budget for the campaign
- Launch the campaign
Tips for Creating Effective Call-Only Ads
When creating call-only ads, there are a few best practices to keep in mind to ensure maximum effectiveness. Here are some tips:
- Include a clear call-to-action (CTA) in your ad copy, such as “Call Now” or “Contact Us.”
- Use ad extensions, such as location extensions or callout extensions, to provide additional information and encourage more clicks.
- Make sure your phone number is prominently displayed in the ad.
- Use a relevant and compelling headline to capture the user’s attention.
- Test different ad variations to see which ones perform the best.
Measuring the Success of a Call-Only Campaign
One of the key benefits of a call-only campaign is the ability to measure the success of the campaign through phone call metrics. Here are some key metrics to track:
- Call volume: The total number of calls generated by the campaign.
- Call duration: The length of each call, which can indicate the quality of the leads generated by the campaign.
- Call quality: The number of calls that result in a conversion, such as a sale or appointment booking.
By tracking these metrics, businesses can gain valuable insights into the effectiveness of their call-only campaign and make adjustments as needed to improve results.